"http://dddavidsghostcams.org/Privacy_Policy.html" Easy Inexpensive Decorating Ideas, on a Budget: Are You Ready For Fall? Grab some ideas, and go!

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Are You Ready For Fall? Grab some ideas, and go!

I know What you're thinking. "There is plenty of summer left". Well, there is not, and soon you will be spending more, and more time inside, than out. Therefore it's time to take a look at what you will be seeing inside your home.

You don't want to come home to a place that will instantly make you unhappy, when there is so much more fun you can have with your living space. No matter where you live, it can always look nice if you try, and Fall is a good time to try. To the left you can see a leaf cup and saucer. I found those very inexpensive items at a little store, and thought they would look great on the kitchen table.
Little touches of fall silk leaves, pine cones, Indian corn, and pumpkins here and there don't yet speak of Halloween, but can help you to usher in the season. Adding spots of reds, oranges, greens, browns, and yellows will set the mood. It can also be the starting point to the rest of the holidays, up to, and through out Thanksgiving. It can serve as the basic, background decorations, and then all you would have to add is the ghost and ghouls, or turkeys and pilgrims to change the theme for the specific holiday. It really is as simple as that, and won't take up too much of your time, or energy, but it is going to make things much more enjoyable for you, and yours.
Trust me, your mood will improve tremendously when you enter your newly decorated home. Just picture yourself in a nice clean room with the little touches of Scarecrows, and berries, gourds, and candles. All you have to do is pick a day when you will clear that room, or rooms (depending on your motivation) of it's past clutter, clean it thoroughly, and place those memories of Fall in a few chosen spots. I would pick 2 or 3 per room to really liven it up. maybe a spot that you look at when you first walk in to the room.
You may pick a side table, and coffee table. If you are in the kitchen, it could be a corner, or center of an island, or the edge of a counter top, or the kitchen table. In my house, if you notice in the photos, I have done a little in every room, here and there, so it is visible at different places in the room. I have also placed wreaths, and decorated brooms, and garland on the walls. It is up to you on how far you want to take the decorating. You may wish to do a little in every room.
I always seem to take it to the limit, but it makes me happy when I get home. All to often we forget about our surroundings, and how they affect not only us, but those around us, and our outlook on life in general. I always choose to give myself the most positive habitat that is possible, and by that, I don't mean I spend a lot of money, but I do things to make the house a happy place. I want to make it somewhere I want to be. A place that re-energizes me. Isn't that, after all, what we want when we're home? So... Are you ready to be happy and positive in that place that you call home?
Note: All of the color photos are of my actual house, and the things I have come up with to create that "Old Fall Feeling". A feeling of warmth, and happiness that will spread into the other aspects of my life, and can only make it better. If you have your doubts, just try a few ideas, and see for yourself. Clear out the clutter, and make it better. After all, it couldn't hurt to try...
Be sure to let me know what it is that you have come up with. You and others can share your ideas in the comments below.
To see more photos from the House in Fall Click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment